A Journal By Kaitlyn Buttery

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9/8/07

Today was a very, very long day on campus working on our projects. We arrived around 8am and didn't get back to our dorms until almost 11pm. However, much was accomplished and Lee and I finished our group projects. Lee was really great at working together and truly making our piece a collaborative effort. He made some great suggestions with the layout and color choices of my illustrations that I chose to take and I think our project is quite strong.

Communicating with Lee was difficult at times, but by the end of today we were able to express our ideas clearly to one another. This experience has shown me that one doesn't need words to connect with someone of a different culture. Hand gestures and visuals, like drawings, can go a long way. But, having an online translator on back up is never a bad idea.

No comments: