A Journal By Kaitlyn Buttery

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9/11/07



After arriving in Beijing by train, we headed to the Art and Design school based there to have lunch and a tour of their campus. Their facilities were amazing, everything was state of the art and very well designed. I especially love their digital arts building where all of the classrooms opened up into a large atrium. If I had the chance, I would attend this school in a heartbeat.

Next we bused out to the Great Wall and made it there just in time to see the sunset. While the sunset wasn't as bright as we'd hoped, the view from the wall was beautiful. And, eating dinner outside our host's house in his small village was delicious, some of the best dumplings and vegetables I've had in China. I'll never forget the hike up in the dark to the watch tower where we would sleep that night. All of the stairs were so steep, and it was only the beginning. We played the card game "bullshit" by the light of flashlights and cozied up in our sleeping bags, asleep in minutes. This one of the best, unforgettable nights I've had in China.

No comments: