A Journal By Kaitlyn Buttery

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9/13/07


I had been looking forward to visiting the Forbidden City but found the tourist crowds to be overwhelming, and the rainy weather didn't help. While inside though I tried imagining how it must have felt to live inside the walls and found myself feeling sorry for the hundreds of concubines that must have led uneventful lives.

After the crowded forbidden city we moved on to a place twenty times as obnoxious: the electronic store. I've never seen a department store style electronic store such as this one, with 8 floors packed full of the same items differing only by brand. I found myself missing Best Buy where the prices might be expensive, but at least you don't have to haggle and can get a straight answer from the employees.

No comments: