A Journal By Kaitlyn Buttery

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9/15/07

Our last full day was a free day, which gave me time to complete my Beijing project. I chose to do the third in my series of street scenes with watercolor and ink. The scene I drew was one that I saw in the 798 Art Factory district of graffiti in a circular pattern on a crumbling brick wall. I though that the use of the spray painted circle on the small square bricks was a contemporary twist on earth as viewed from heaven and helped to blur the lines between the two to form a heaven on earth in China.

Our last dinner was really tasty and I enjoyed the Beijing tea house afterwards. All of the acts, the Kung Fu, the face changing opera, the juggling were unlike any I've seen before. It was the perfect cultural treat to end our trip with.

No comments: